At Deer Park, our curriculum is completely inclusive and is based around 6 core themes that we believe our children need:
Values, Well-Being, Aspiration, Language, Social Skills and Enrichment
The curriculum at Deer Park Primary School is one that seeks to maximise the achievements and progress of all children academically, socially, spiritually, morally, culturally, physically, mentally and emotionally as they move through the school. Our curriculum is designed to ensure our pupils receive their full entitlement to access a curriculum which is balanced and broadly based whilst being flexible and responsive to individual needs and the needs of the community we live in.
At Deer Park Primary School, our curriculum is designed to:
- recognise children’s prior learning,
- provide first hand and practical learning experiences.
- place value on outdoor learning,
- allow children to develop interpersonal skills, language, behaviours and attitudes needed for life-long learning,
- build resilience and become creative, critical thinkers,
- reduce barriers to learning and provide excellent pastoral support,
- create a culture where aspirations are high by providing children with enrichment experiences and opportunities outside of the classroom environment.
- develop the attitudes, skills and knowledge needed for children to be successful in their life as they progress beyond primary school through their learning journey and beyond into the world of work.
Every child is recognised as a unique individual. We celebrate and welcome differences within our school community. The ability to learn is underpinned by the teaching of basic skills, knowledge, concepts and values. We constantly provide enhancement opportunities to engage learning and believe that childhood should be a happy, investigative and enquiring time in our lives where there are no limits to curiosity and there is a thirst for new experiences and knowledge.
We use our 18 values to teach positive attitudes and behaviours which reflect the values and skills needed to promote responsibility for learning, self-worth and future success.
Community involvement is an essential part of our curriculum. We celebrate our local history and values, but aim to provide opportunities to widen their experiences far beyond their locality.